Sunday, 1 September 2013

Autumn and Autumn Colours



Good morning twinchie fans.  Another month has flown by and here is September's twinchie challenge which is Autumn and Autumn Colours.  But on to last month's Holiday Destinations Home and Abroad Challenge, there was an excellent selection of entries last month, thank you ladies for showing us your twinchies.  This month we have two winners, I have had two grandchildren staying and let them pick a number randomly out of a hat,  and our winners are .....

Number 1 - Christine
and
Number 9 - Janet Swanlady21


Congratulations ladies, take your winners badge from the side bar, your winning twinchies can be seen in our winner's gallery.


I just love autumn, the colours of the leaves changing, autumn fruits and the wildlife storing food before winter comes.  We have squirrels around who are frantically collecting acorns and hiding them.  The leaves are turning already this year and the garden has a mix of yellows,oranges, rusty colours and greens, the fruit and berries are developing and changing colour too, what a feast the birds will have this year.

Here are a few twinchies inspired by this very colourful season.



 




I coloured 4 twinchie bases with Autumn colours using distress inks, Tim Holts mini stamps were stamped in black Stazon onto acetate and fastened over the coloured twinchies. 

I made a special Autumn twinchie wallet to hold all my Autumn twinchies, coloured with distress inks and stamped with the Tim Holtz stamps.  The acorn was cut out and the bottom half stuck down with sticky pads,the lid slides behind the acorn to fasten it.  You can find a tutorial on how to make the twinchie wallet HERE.


I also made a few twinchies to use on cards using distress inks and copper, gold and silver embossing powders.
 


I am looking forward to seeing your Autumnal twinchies and I will be back later in the month with some more ideas in the midway-reminder post.

The challenge will run from 1st September and finish at 9.00 am UK time 30th September.  Place your entries here:



24 comments:

  1. O there fabulous great Autumn cols xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are not my go-to colours, but I love what you have done. Gorgeous acorn twinchie holder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great twinchies, especially love the ones with the embossing powders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, I may do some more with embossing, have yet to think of something for the midway post! xx

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous theme - we don't have proper autumn down under. I know what Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 means - these are not my go-to colours either, but when it comes to northern autumn....
    Beautiful twinchies - the whole set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great theme! Loving all the DT samples. Very inspiring! Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely samples Sylv. Perfect for Fall. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful examples and love the choice of theme

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great theme and I love the DT pieces - glad I made it in time too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great theme this month and I love the examples. Thanks for sharing.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining us julia xx

      Delete
  10. Lovely designs and a fun theme! I've used my twinchie on the front of a mini book. Suz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you suz, love the little books xx

    ReplyDelete